7 Quranic Verses That Can Apply To Anyone's Life
1. It could be that you dislike something, when it is good for you; and it could be that you like something when it is bad for you. Allah knows, and you do not know. (2:26)
Sometimes things happen that we just don't understand. But wait a little, and we're surprised, right? The thing that we don't like might have saved us from something or actually turned out to be good.
And sometimes it's the reverse, what we really think is best for us, might not be and time reveals it. Aka "It was for the better." So even if something might seem like it's not going your way, it might have actually been in your favor.
2. To each of you, We prescribed a law and a method. Had Allah willed, He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [He intended] to test you in what He has given you; so race to [all that is] good. To Allah is your return all together, and He will [then] inform you concerning that over which you used to differ. (5:48)
God is telling us here, that he could have made us all the same race, gender, religion etc. But He didn't.
He created us as different nations but is reminding us to care for, love, learn from and respect one another during our time in this world. There is beauty in our diversity and we must respect that and coexist peacefully with one another.
3. Verily, with every difficulty there is relief. (94:5-6)
Short, but powerful, this verse is a reminder that good trumps bad. No matter what hardship you are going through in life, it has an end. No matter what challenges you are facing, you will overcome them. And no matter how bad everything seems right now, or how impossible, there is blessings to come.
4. Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear. (2.286)
This verse is meant to empower us to understand we will never be thrown into a situation we cannot handle. That can be reassuring knowing how unpredictable life is. It can also be empowering in life's greatest tests, knowing there is a reason that God chose you and believes you are strong enough to overcome whatever you are going through and come out the other end victorious and even stronger.
5. So whoever does an atom’s weight of good will see it. (99:6)
No good deed goes unnoticed by God. No matter how small, an atom's weight!
This is a reminder that whatever good you can do, even if it seems insubstantial to you, it is absolutely worth doing! And God later says "He multiplies it (the good deed) and gives from Himself a great reward." This is just an added karma bonus, that for whatever good you do, you will get in return something good that is even bigger.
6. The most beloved of deeds to Allah are those that are most consistent, even if it is small. (Sahih Muslim, Hadith*: 782)
Consistency is key! This is a reminder that with everything in life, consistency is what garners results. Consistency in good deeds, in exercise, in worship, in kindness, and in habits are what will help you reach your ultimate goals!
* A Hadith is a collection of traditions containing sayings of the prophet Muhammad pbuh which, with accounts of his daily practice (the Sunna), constitute the major source of guidance for Muslims apart from the Quran.
7. Be you male or female – you are equal to one another. (3:195)
A reminder that men and women are equals and should be treated as such.