Thanksgiving Recipe: Ameera’s Pumpkin Rolls With Honey Cinnamon Butter
by Cindy Chen·
The holidays are just around the corner, so we thought we would share with you a fun, festive, and easy pumpkin roll recipe. Introducing: Ameera’s pumpkin rolls, with honey cinnamon butter.
I was surprised at how simple and easy the pumpkin roll recipe was to follow, and how quickly I was able to prepare them. These pumpkin rolls are absolutely delicious and super festive to serve to your guests at your next holiday party.
The pumpkin rolls are super soft and chewy, with a hint of pumpkin and spices. This pumpkin roll recipe is our take on classic dinner rolls, basically savory pumpkin roll bread with a sweet honey cinnamon butter. Even though the pumpkin rolls are delicious on their own, with honey cinnamon butter they are simply divine.
We absolutely loved the way these pumpkin rolls turned out. They actually look like mini pumpkins! Try this pumpkin roll recipe out for your next holiday party. They will be a guaranteed fan favorite at the dinner table.
Do you want to learn how to make Ameera’s famous pumpkin rolls with honey cinnamon butter? Keep reading to learn how.
How To Make Ameera’s Pumpkin Rolls With Honey Cinnamon Butter
Servings: 24 rolls | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Rest Time: 2:45 hours
Ingredients For Pumpkin Rolls
20 grams of active dry yeast
320 mL whole milk
100 grams light brown sugar
480 grams of canned pumpkin puree
2 large eggs
1,020 grams of all-purpose flour
2.5 teaspoons of grey salt
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
2 teaspoons of ground ginger
½ teaspoon allspice
½ teaspoon nutmeg
90 grams unsalted butter (melted)
70 grams coconut oil (melted)
24 pecan halves or 12 cinnamon sticks cut in half
Ingredients for honey cinnamon butter
113 grams of unsalted butter, room temperature
84 grams of honey
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (or smoked cinnamon)
1 teaspoon of salt
Directions For Pumpkin Rolls
(We recommend using an electric mixer with a dough hook attachment to make the dough, but this can be done by hand too.)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In an electric mixer bowl, whisk together the yeast, brown sugar, and milk. Let it rest, and get foamy after about 10 minutes.
- Once the yeast is bubbly, add the eggs and pumpkin puree, salt, and spices.
- Once all mixed, add in coconut oil and butter, making sure both are melted and cooled before adding to the mix.
- Add flour gradually to the mixture, using the dough hook attachment. If the dough is too sticky, add a little bit of flour.
- Once the dough is soft and smooth to the touch. Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl, and let rise for 2 hours on top of a previously preheated oven.
- After, push the dough down into the bowl, and scrape dough onto a floured surface, then break dough with floured palms into 24 even pieces.
- Shape the dough into balls.
- To make the balls look like pumpkins, oil a knife or kitchen scissors and cut 8 slits around the ball to make the pumpkin “grooves.” Do not cut into the center of the ball. OR take oiled twine and rope around the ball, to get the same shape. Remove twine after baking.
- Place pumpkin balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet and let them rise for 45 minutes.
- Once proofed, create a small insert for pecans creating a space for the “stem.”
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take pecan halves (or cinnamon stick halves) and insert them on the top of the roll. To make this bread nut-free, substitute the coconut oil for any flavorless oil and use cinnamon sticks instead of pecans to top the bread.
- Serve the pumpkin rolls with honey cinnamon butter(recipe below).
Directions For Honey Cinnamon Butter
(We recommend using an electric mixer for this recipe, with a whisk attachment, but this can be done by hand too.)
- Combine the room temperature butter, honey, cinnamon, and salt until smooth. Serve immediately with pumpkin rolls or store with plastic wrap, and place in the fridge.
Thank you so much for checking out our very first recipe on The Ameeracan blog. Stay tuned for upcoming releases, and more easy recipes in the future. If you tried our pumpkin roll recipe, please let us know over on our socials. You can tag @ameerahammouda_ on Instragram and head to our IG stories to watch us make this recipe!